Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Non-Flower centerpieces

I quite like the idea of creating centerpieces without flowers. Oh! don't get me wrong....I LURVE flowers but every now & then I like picking up stuff that is easily available inside my home or in my little garden to whip up a gorgeous centerpiece in 5 minutes.

Here are some really simple ones that will definitely leave a lasting impression. They are good to have on the table all week around. Which one do you like? Do you have any ideas on how to create centerpieces without flowers. Do share.


Lemons & Limes, Oranges...Why only citrus fruits? 
Apples, peaches & pears ALL look gorgeous when grouped together in large clear glass piece. 



Sea shells, star fishes, conchs all collected while on a beach holidays make quite a statement. 
They look so fresh & remind me of the fun we had.  



Branches collected while going for a walk teamed up with paper flowers look pretty. 
Remember I made a version of this for Sara's birthday...a wishing tree!


Technically you can't be sitting with a nest at home to put together this one; Unless you are ready to use the one that the bird left on your window sill! I know I can't make myself do that :) But it was too sweet an idea...I couldn't have finished this post without it. So off to the florist for some nest shopping!

Images: here

6 comments:

Aneela Z said...

you do know that you have to be in a very secure relationship for that lemon/lime thing to work out. Remember The Breakup? and the lemon errand?

GB said...

I have another one for you---artichokes!! I've been meaning to try those at home! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely... lovely.. I like all these.. great inspiration for me... now!! :-)

Unknown said...

Aneela: Here's to secure relationships!

GB:Wow! will definitely give this a try

Pats: for all those parties huh! :)

flower centerpieces said...

you do know that you have to be in a very secure relationship for that lemon/lime thing to work out. Remember The Breakup? and the lemon errand?

Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful weblog format! How long have you ever been blogging for?

you made blogging glance easy. The total glance of your website is
fantastic, as well as the content!
Check out my web site 301blackfriday.com