Monday, November 8, 2010

And now for a twelve month wait.

I hope each of you had the loveliest Diwali ever...lots of diyas & candles, tons of mithai & ofcourse your family & friends all around you. 

After a longish weekend, I am back with some glimpses of Diwali at my home. 


White Gerberas, strings of tuberoses hugging my tiny red cage-lanterns, diyas and another red glass lantern.
These made our Diwali.






A little  more red, a little more white & a little more glow!




Ofcourse the food had to be served on red plates :)


Flower Rangoli, pretty little somethings floating in the urli, lots of conch shaped diyas and terracotta lanterns adorned our entrance


I couldn't have left the tealights out of my favorite festival.


And now for a twelve month wait...not fair:(

I am linking this to Patty's Weekend party, Sharon & Rekha's November fest & Emreen's Festival time. Do check out their lovely blogs for lots of tabletop inspiration.

Images : Personal Collection

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely...N I was there to see it all and taste the goodies! Thankz for the awesome Diwali... purva

Shanthi said...

Awesome collection of knick knacks. Loved them all specially the ceramic draws and the red jar by it and ... and ... and ..... Looks like you had a wonderful Diwali

Anonymous said...

oh awesome!! awesome!! this is the best ever!! I love the first pic of the two little cages..

I also like the floral rangoli.. and might have to try that next year (after the 12 months wait.. )

Hey.. Prachi.. thank you so so much for joining the weekend wrap up.. You know you make my day!! You guys totally rock!! Thanks! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey! this is lovely, I specially loved the ceramic chest..Where did you get that from ?

Rekha said...

Awesome pics Prachi..loved the red lanterns and the conch shaped diyas..Thanks for being a part of Diwali Dhamaka!

Pooja said...

Hey Prachi this looks amazing; Really very pretty.I loved Red Glass lantern. You are too good :)

PreeOccupied said...

I love it! The bird cages and the spice shelf! Just so YOU. Is that red platter with the flower made by you?

Sudha said...

beautiful..:)

Neha Animesh said...

Beautiful pictures Prachi!

I loved your rangoli and also the tealight holder.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

pretty,prachi.love these images.hope you had a blast

Unknown said...

Beautiful......... love your decor!

Kamini said...

Finally catching up on my blog reading Prachi. What a treat to see these pics. That ceramic 9 drawer chest is so so lovely with the red pot next to it. Red is just so festive!

Unknown said...

P...oh yes you were...what fun:)

Shanthi: Thanks!

Patty: Aren't they cute...i am thinking of painting them white now:)

Sharkara: Its from Fabindia

Rekha: The pleasure is completely mine:)

Pooja: Pretty, ain't it..its a gift from Purva

Pree: Nopes, they are from homestore

Sudha: Thanks!

Neha: :) I picked it from the Blind school Mela this year

Lakshmi: Oh yes ! i did..totally:)

Sheeba: Welcome to purplehomes. Hope to see you here often:)

Kamini: ooo..I am missing Diwali already...waiting for more bdays & anniversaries & christmas now ( more red??)

Emreen said...

Lovely pics... !!
Love the red lantern with butterflies on top...!! so... beautiful.. the flower rangoli...
Thanks for linking to the party!!!