Monday, October 18, 2010

By The Water Cooler

Yippie! My dearest dearest friend Parul is totally rocking. Remember I spoke about her first book, Bringing up Vasu right here. Guess what?


She is coming out with her second book called. By the Water Cooler! Isn't that SO SO SO cool? 


I am so proud of her. I remember I had the time of my life showing off to people. I like showing off. There I have said it.

Me at the bookstore : Do you have this book called Bringing Up Vasu?
Store : Yes.
Me: Is it doing well?
Store: Yes, madame. Totally.
Me: He he...its written by MY friend. He he he he (Husband staring at me. Stop it. Control yourself)
Store: Oh! Is it madame? Do you want a copy?
Me: No. Not at all. I have MY copy. I was just asking (Husband trying to hide behind the books and is on the verge of disowning me).

Me on the phone : Hello.
A friend: Hey, Prachi I was at the bookstore. I saw this book by Parul Sharma.
Me: Ya So? ( Come on...ask me ask me..I know exactly what you are going to ask me...quick..I can't act indifferent any more)
Friend :In the acknowledgments she mentions a certain Prachi Grover (Now you are talking my babe:) ) By any chance is that you?
Me: (He he he he he he...Control yourself) Oh that! Yes thats me ( Very matter of fact on the outside and bursting with excitement & pride inside). She is MY friend and SHE has a written THIS book ( Read: She is the best and I am SO happy)

So can you imagine how happy I am sharing this bit of good news with all of you. Wish her All the best. Parul Sweets you rock.

And hey before I sign off, Parul is holding a contest on her blog. Here are the details and she is giving away five autographed copies as prizes, you better rush!

  • You need to write a post telling a story or an anecdote based in an office. It could be about you, your spouse, kids, neighbour, whoever - it just needs to be based in an office. It can be funny, serious, somewhere in between, but it needs to be based in an office. It can feature a single protagonist or multiple characters, but it...yes, I know, you got it. 
  • You need to link to this post
  • You need to put By The Water Cooler in the title of your post
  • You need to leave her a link to your post in the comments section 
  • If you don't have a blog, leave her your entry in the comments section and it will be counted

LAST DATE
 - October 31st, 2010

Images : Parul

No comments: