Thursday, June 18, 2009

What a Store-Y !!

When working, I used to frequently travel to Mumbai. During one such visit I had the opportunity to pop in at “Tribal Route – A handcrafted store-Y”. At the time I visited the store they had these two amazing cottages converted into stores. I believe they have added a third one sometime back. The store is Nihar Mehta’s and Mamta’s baby who call themselves the froggies. They actually met online!! I had the lovely chance to meet both of them. It’s the prettiest store I have ever seen and I could actually live there ;) The colors, the textures and the imagination with which the store had been conceptualized is exceptional. One of the cottages also has this airy courtyard where they hold these get-togethers of artisans & friends. The store houses handcrafted stuff from artists across the country. Every now and then they hold these unique festivals showcasing different kinds of products (Paper products, Terracotta, Jewellery, Cushions, footwear, ceramics, furnishings, et al). And yes there are to products fit every wallet

They can be reached at: Tribal Route, 18, 22 & 29 Aram Nagar 2, Jaiprakash (JP) Road, Machlimar, Versova, Andheri (W), Mumbai. Telephone: 9967058847/48
Website:
http://www.tribalroute.com/

Enjoy the store.





Source : Some from the internet and some from Nihar Mehta's Facebook page

No comments: